The Foundation Destellos , call for works for the Forth Competition of Electro-acoustic Composition and Visual Music, open to composers and artists of any nationality, age and gender.
The objectives of this competition are the promotion and development of the artistic creation in relation with new technologies. Likewise, it is an intention of the Foundation Destellos to stimulate the creativity of the young generations of artists and to provide them new routes of diffusion of their works.
The first prize will be attributed by Destellos and will consist of 500 American dollars and the performance of the piece into the two years after the competition.
The second two prizes, consisting of collections of CD of electroacoustic music, offered by:
The institutions participants will offer likewise the diffusion of the winning works, through concerts, festivals and broadcasting.
1. Composers and artists of any nationality age and gender.
2. Entry fees of 20U$A must be paid by Pay Pal, through the "donate" button on the web site: www.fundestellos.org/pageone.htm
3. Will be accepted stereophonic works of electro-acoustic music up to 11' duration.
4. Will be accepted works of electro-acoustic music with video, up to 6' duration. The work must follow an abstract esthetics and to be interrelated in musical and visual languages, either in their technical and esthetical characteristics. In case of works in collaboration the prize will be considered ex-æquo and the authors will have to determine a representative to receive it.
5. Are excluded pieces using instruments, live electronics and improvisations.
6. Each candidate can send only one work, not been edited or prized before.
7. The participants will have to register before, sending by e-mail :
a. the submission form due completed by computer. Manuscript forms will not be accepted.
b. a certificate of the PayPal payment.
c. send both as attached document to: email@example.com
8. Each candidate will receive an e-mail of confirmation and a Code of inscription .
9. The materials must be sent by :
a. You Send it, Next Send or similar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Ordinary mail, (with mention "For educational use, no commercial value" to :
Dr. Elsa Justel
Gral. Rivas 3963
7600 Mar del Plata
10. Admitted supports: .aiff/ .wav/ Quicktime.mov, without compression.
11. The files must be labeled with the Code Number+Title of the work (ex.: "DC11-21_Mypiece")
12. The works will not be returned and will be kept in the archives of the Foundation.
13. Prize winners of earlier Destellos Competition cannot participate (first and second prizes), neither members of the jury and their families.
14. The works must be sent before 15 April 2011 .(postmark)
15. The jury will be integrated by members of recognized international prestige.
16. The jury has the right to declare the prize deserted and give one or more mentions, also to design an "ex-æquo" prize to works of the same quality level. Jury's decision is unquestionable and definitive and will be published after August 30 th , 2011.
17. The foundation has the right to postdate, to annul or to modify the rules of the competition at any moment. All changes will be published at the time.
18. Candidates are asked to accept all the conditions of these regulations.
19. The prizewinners are engaged to write the mention "Prix Destellos 2010" in all concert programs that include the work. The authors must inform the Foundation of the public presentations of the prized work.
More info: www.fundestellos.org