Competition 2013 - Call for works
The Foundation Destellos, call for works for the sixth Competition of Electro-acoustic Composition and Visual Music, open to composers and artists of any nationality, age and gender.
The objectives of this competition are the promotion and development of the artistic creation in relation with new technologies. Likewise, it is an intention of the Foundation Destellos to stimulate the creativity of the young generations of artists and to provide them new routes of diffusion of their works.
With the intention to offer new possibilities to the creators, the Foundation Destellos will attribute the two first prizes of an amount of 600 American dollars each, in the categories:
A. Acousmatic music
B. Mixed media
Also, as in former editions, will be granted second prizes, consisting in collections of CD of electroacoustic music offered by:
- The organization Akusma<Motus, of France
- The foundation Phonos of Barcelona, Spain.
- The organization Musiques et Recherches, Belgium
- The Spanish Electroacoustic Music Association (AMEE).
- The foundation Espacio Cero (Colombia)
Likewise, the prized pieces will be created by Destellos Network.
1. The call is open to composers and visual artists of any nationality, age and gender.
2. Entry fees of 22U$A must be paid by Pay Pal, through the "donate" button on the web site:
3. For argentine participants the fees are of 22$Ar and can be payed by bank transfer of postal order. They must ask for details to : email@example.com
4. For Category A, Acusmatic music : will be accepted stereophonic and multitrack works up to 11' duration.
5. For Category B, Mixed media : will be accepted:
1. Live electronics works *, up to 11' duration, and
2. Visual music, ** up to 6' duration.
*Are excluded pieces using real time devices and improvisations.
** Both musical and visual languages must be interrelated, either in their technical and esthetical characteristics. In case of works in collaboration the prize will be considered ex-æquo and the authors will have to determine a representative to receive it.
6. Each candidate can send only one work by category, not been published for commercial purposes or prized before. It is recommended to get off the piece of any web site (ex. YouTube, SoundCloud etc).
7. The participants will have to register before, sending by e-mail:
a. the submission form due completed by computer. Manuscript forms will not be accepted.
b. a certificate of the PayPal payment.
c. send both as attached document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Each candidate will receive an e-mail of confirmation and a Code of inscription.
9. Once obtained the ID of inscription, the materials must be sent by : We Transfer, Next Send or similar to: email@example.com
Only in case of difficulties with web connection or troubles, the pieces can be send by Ordinary mail, (with mention "For educational use, no commercial value" to : Dr. Elsa Justel - Fundación Destellos
- Gral. Rivas 3963 - 7600 Mar del Plata
10. Admitted supports for music: .aiff/ .wav. Multitrack pieces must be sent : 1) in separated files, 2) a stereo version, all contained in a .ZIP folder.
11. Pieces with instruments must be send in a ZIP folder containing : a) score in .pdf format, b) mixed version, c) electronic part alone.
12. For video :Only in Quicktime.mov, H264-720x576-Pal. Other formats will not be accepted.
13. The files and/or folders must be labeled ONLY with the Code Number+Title of the work (ex.: "DC11-21_Mypiece")
Please don't send audio or video materials by email.
14. The works will not be returned and will be kept in the archives of the Foundation.
15. Prize winners of earlier Destellos Competition cannot participate (first and second prizes), neither
members of the jury and their families.
16. The works must be sent before 27 March 2013.(in case of sending by ordinary mail : postmarked on 12 march)
17. The jury will be integrated by members of recognized international prestige.
18. The jury has the right to declare the prize deserted and give one or more mentions, also to design an "ex-æquo"
prize to works of the same quality level. Jury's decision is unquestionable and definitive and will be
published after August 30th, 2013.
19. The foundation has the right to postdate, to annul or to modify the rules of the competition at any moment. All changes will be published at the time.
20. Candidates are asked to accept all the conditions of these regulations.
21. The prizewinners are engaged to write the mention "Prix Destellos 2013" in all concert programs that include the
work. The authors must inform the Foundation of the public presentations of the prized work.
Download Submission Form here