IX° Destellos Competition 2016
The Foundation Destellos, call for works for the Nineth Competition of Electro-acoustic Composition, open to composers of any nationality, age and gender.
The objectives of this competition are the promotion and development of the artistic creation in relation with new technologies. Likewise, it is an intention of the Foundation Destellos to stimulate the creativity of the young generations of artists and to provide them new routes of diffusion of their works.
Will be attributed two first prizes of an amount of 600 American dollars each, in the categories:
A. Acousmatic music
B. Mixed media
Also, as in former editions, will be granted second prizes, consisting in collections of CD of electroacoustic music offered by:
- Akusma<Motus, of France
- Foundation Phonos of Barcelona, Spain.
- Musiques et Recherches, Belgium
- GRM (Groupe de Recherches musicales), France
- The Spanish Electroacoustic Music Asociation (AMEE)
Likewise, Destellos Network will create the prized pieces into the two years after the competition.
1. The call is open to composers of any nationality, age and gender.
2. Entry fees of 18U$A for one piece and 6U$A for a second piece, must be paid by Pay Pal, through the "donate" button on the web site:
3. For Category A, Acusmatic music : will be accepted stereophonic and multitrack works up to 11' duration.
4. For Category B, Mixed media : will be accepted works for instrument/s and electronics
, up to 11' duration
5. Each candidate can send only one work by category, not been published for commercial purposes or prized before. It is recommended to get off the piece of any web site (ex. YouTube, SoundCloud etc).
6. The participants will have to register before, sending by e-mail :
a. the submission form (attached below) due completed by computer, preserving the format. Manuscript forms will not be accepted.
b. certificate of the PayPal payment. IF YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY ORDER OF A THIRD PERSON, PLEASE INDICATE IT ON YOUR SUBMISSION.
c. send both as attached document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Each candidate will receive an e-mail of confirmation and a Code of inscription.
9. Once obtained the ID of inscription, the materials must be sent by :
We Transfer, Dropbox or similar to: email@example.com
10. All audio files must be send in mp3 (320kbps-high quality). Multitrack pieces must be sent : 1) a stereo version 2) the separated files, all contained in a .ZIP folder.
11. Pieces with instruments must be send in a ZIP folder containing : a) score in .pdf format, b) mixed version, c) electronic part alone.
12. The files and/or folders must be labeled ONLY with the Code Number+Title of the work (ex.: "021_Mypiece"). The name of author/s should not be included in any of the media supports (score, audio files). Please don't send audio materials by email.
13. The Submission that don't fill ALL the requirements established in this guidelines, will be rejected, and the payment will not be returned.
14. The works will not be returned and will be kept in the archives of the Foundation.
15. Prize winners of the two earlier Destellos Competition cannot participate, neither members of the jury and their families.
16. The works must be sent before 20 May 2016.
17. The jury will be integrated by members of recognized international prestige.
18. The jury has the right to declare the prize deserted and give one or more mentions, also to design an "ex-æquo"
prize to works of the same quality level.
19. The foundation has the right to postdate, to annul or to modify the rules of the competition at any moment. All changes will be published at the time.
20. Candidates are asked to accept all the conditions of these regulations.
21. The prizewinners are engaged to write the mention "Prix Destellos 2016" in all concert programs that include the
work. The authors must inform the Foundation of the public presentations of the prized work.